Everyone has a little something they would like to change about their appearance, but not everyone likes the sound of surgery. Luckily, cosmetic enhancements have advanced in recent years, providing a wealth of options for non-surgical procedures. Since 2017, non-surgical procedures have gone up by 4.2%. Take a look through these easy procedures that can make a big difference in how you look and how you feel.
- Chemical PeelsChemical peels are a very popular choice for people who want to diminish the appearance of deep wrinkles, sun damage, and acne scarring. The process removes old skin, allowing new layers to take its place, creating a brighter, clearer, and more youthful-looking complexion. The strength level of chemical peels varies, with stronger one requiring a good amount of recovery time and low-grade ones just requiring your lunch hour.
- Lip InjectionsCelebrities with cosmetically-plumped lips have been popping up across magazine covers and on Instagram feeds for years now. Whether it’s to achieve lip perfection akin to Angeline Jolie or to fix an asymmetrical lip shape, lip injections are now a fairly common non-surgical procedure. Injectables can contain commercial fillers such as Juvederm, or fat that is removed from the patient’s body. After applying a topical numbing agent, the filler is injected, and the patient can go back to activities as usual.
- Body ProceduresAlthough it seems like any changes to your body would be rather invasive, procedures such as a Brazilian butt lift contours your lower half to your liking without going under the knife. Celebrities like Kim Kardashian and the advent of Instagram models who sport an extreme hourglass shape have made this non-surgical procedure widespread. The procedure uses fat from your own body and injects it into your behind to give it shape and volume.
- CoolSculptingWhen you want to change the way you look without having to face any recovery time, CoolSculpting is a great option. In this procedure, fat cells are frozen by cold temperatures and then die. Over time, your body produces the natural results as it processes the fat and eliminates the dead cells. This procedure is often used on the abdomen, love handles, inner thighs, arms, and neck.
- BotoxConsidered a classic of plastic surgery, you could fit a treatment of Botox into your lunch break and still grab a sandwich. This treatment is injected into facial muscles, relaxing them and creating a subtle and effective result. Botox makes users look well-rested, and is relatively painless.
If you want to change your looks and boost your self-confidence, consider one of the non-surgical procedures and contact a plastic surgeon today.